- Correct dose of HiveAlive liquid incorporated.
- Additional vitamins & amino acids added optimised for bee health.
- HiveAlive added makes the fondant more attractive to the bees, which means faster consumption than most fondant patties.
- Safe, produced using enzymatic hydrolysis without the use of acids or heat processing giving no harmful HMF.
- Very fine particle size sugar for enhanced digestion.
- Natural active ingredients.
- Only European, non-GMO ingredients.
- Very thin and flat packaging to allow ease of placement directly on top of colonies.
- Unique packaging design prevents fondant from drying out.
What is Fondant?
Fondant is put on top of the colony, either under or over the inner cover, so no feeders are needed.
It can be used as an autumn feed but is mainly used to top up over winter, when it is too cold to feed syrup, or in late winter when bees are running out of stores.
Because it is placed directly over the cluster, the bees do not have to leave the cluster to access food, minimizing the chance of starvation.
Fondant is easy to handle and store and doesn’t cause robbing like syrup can.